Our continually updated library is packed with industry resources, whitepapers, business development tools, marketing assets and more.
5th Color Station Video Tutorials
Learn how you can expand your creativity with unique and captivating 5th Color Station techniques. These informative, easy-to-follow videos walk you through the different steps for properly creating files to get the maximum impact from 5th Color Clear, White, Neon Pink, Neon Yellow and Invisible Red Toner, and shows you how you to use the Fiery Command Workstation for printing.
After watching this series we recommend you read the Tips and Best Practices at the bottom of this page.
Changing the 5th Color Toner (Pro C7100X Series Specific)
Applying 5th Color Invisible Red
Applying 5th Color Neon Pink and Neon Yellow
Creating the 5th Color Layer
Printing the 5th Color using Fiery Command Workstation
Tips and Best Practices
- To achieve optimal image quality and system reliability, settings in the Media Library may need to be adjusted. If you should need assistance contact your local technical support.
- Creative usage of White and Clear Toners may require more than one pass through the printer. To do so, the media must be physically moved from the output tray back to the input tray, observing proper direction and side placement.
- One or two layers of White Toner may be applied, with the second layer providing additional opacity and/or brightness.
- Clear Toner should be applied in a single layer only. Additional layers will not create a 3D effect, but may cause visible yellowing.
- Clear Toner may be applied inline with CMYK as a single pass. Applying Clear Toner in two passes, with CMYK first and Clear second, may cause a slightly different gloss effect, but may also affect the CMYK color accuracy.
- Clear and White Toners are sold by the cartridge. Printing with either White or Clear only, does not result in a click-charge.
- An appropriate Media Catalog entry should be used for all printing of non-white media when using Clear or White Toner. Parameters in the Media Catalog will optimize settings for black, colored, transparent, silver and other non-standard media. Printing without appropriate parameter setup may result in printing errors, such as double feeds and Media jams.
- If White and CMYK are to be applied to a sheet with no overlap, a single pass may be used. If the CMYK overlaps the White in any areas, two passes must be used, with White being applied in the first pass and the CMYK applied in the second pass.
- A single file may not contain both a Clear channel and a White channel. If both Clear and White channels are included, the toner type not currently loaded in the machine will be printed in an alternate visible color and cannot be turned off.
- Setting Adobe Acrobat Preferences to ‘Always’ Use Overprint Preview is important when printing the 5th Color. This will display the color channel as defined in the PDF and should be reviewed / validated before the print is run.